2016-11-20

"Yoga begins with listening. When we listen, we are giving space to what is.
We are allowing other people to be what they are, and we are sanctioning our own bodies and our own minds to fully manifest."
-Richard Freeman: The Mirror of Yoga

























There are so many layers to yoga and I couldn't be more grateful for having yet again this chance to fully immerse myself in the world of it. Because to me yoga essentially means life; learning how to perform (if I must use this verb) well in your life. Learning to treat yourself and others with love, learning to serve the world from joy (not martyrdom).

Asana practice in this tropical heat is pretty intense. I feel like my body is slowly beginning to open up (what a wonderful feeling not having to be crouched sitting on a computer 8 hours a day!)  It's interesting to observe what the practice does to your body and mind now that you have more time to dedicate to it.

Dedication; commitment enable growth. Committing to something (or maybe someone) helps you to reflect on your life, your direction. For me showing up on my yoga mat day in day out is coming in terms with my life; with what I'm going through. Growth begins in that vulnerability, that commitment.




































I love going to the village temple and to the beach nearby. The calmness these places transmit is something I've been missing. I wanna soak up this kind of energy now as much as I can, so that once s*it hits the fan again, I'm hopefully able to handle it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment