2013-09-09

From the concrete jungle to a real jungle! Been to Sri Lanka for a week now. I got a taxi from the airport to the other side of the country (busted -that's how middle aged I've become...). The distance is maybe 300km and took about 9 hours... I fell asleep on the way and woke up since we had stopped in the middle of the road. As I was wondering why, the driver went: "Elephants on the road, very dangerous!" And there were indeed two elephants on the road! (What a welcome to the country:) Fortunately they continued their way to the jungle and we got safely to Arugam bay.

And here I still am - surfing every morning at 6 o'clock, drinking coconut water, eating amazing food, hanging out with beautiful people and enjoying life! It's a lot like South India here in many ways and this tropical jungle is pretty amazing really. . Goes without saying that the surf (without wetsuit!) is just fantastic - happyhappyhappy:)







No comments:

Post a Comment