2014-04-26

"What do I like? What do I love? What makes me happy? What do I need for balance? What are my strengths? Can I rely upon myself? What are my weaknesses? Why do I do the things I do? What makes me need the attention and approval of others? Am I strong enough to be close to another person and still honor my own emotional needs? -- We don't easily pursue these questions of self-exploration because we know the answers will require us to change our lives." 
-Carolyn Myss: Anatomy of Spirit
Here are a few photos of my time here in Australia. Can't believe it's been nearly 3 months!

The lovely hall at the retreat center where I volunteered. It was perfect for my yoga practice...
Las Turistas at Stradbroke Island

Las Turistas at a gelateria
 
Mt. Warning, NSW

Beautiful Byron Bay
Moffat Beach, Sunshine Coast

Got a chance to see ASP World Tour at Gold Coast. There somewhere goes Kelly...
Spent the last week at a beautiful Buddhist Center up north of Brisbane. Instead of turning into a Buddhist nerd, I turned into a neuroscience nerd (a wannabe one anyway). I read Daniel Goleman's "Social Intelligence" which gives you a fascinating neuroscience explanation about our social behavior, emotions etc. A great read! As for now...  I'm expecting to have some answers next week concerning my near future... So will hopefully know soon what next... Ommm shanti until then!

2 comments: